The Quad-X Power Shredders comes in a choice of two cutting widths, it is available in:-
- 1.3m / 4ft cutting width
- 1.5m / 5ft cutting width
1.3m / 4ft or 1.5m / 5ft models available!
The Quad-X Power Shredder comes with a commercial Briggs & Stratton V-Twin engine which carry a 3 year warranty as standard. You can choose from a range of sizes depending on what density of vegetation you are cutting.
1.3m / 4ft – Engine Sizes Available are (all Briggs & Stratton):
- 16HP Power Shredder, 1.3m, V-Twin engine, Recoil Start
- 16HP Power Shredder, 1.3m, V-Twin engine, Electric Start
- 18HP Power Shredder, 1.3m, V-Twin engine, Electric Start
- 21HP Power Shredder, 1.3m, V-Twin engine, Electric Start
- 23HP Power Shredder, 1.3m, V-Twin engine, Electric Start
1.5m / 5ft – Engine Sizes Available are (all Briggs & Stratton):
- 23HP Power Shredder, 1.5m, V-Twin engine, Electric Start
Optional Break Bar
An optional Break Bar™ is available which helps to flatten down the vegetation to help guide it through the mower blades for a more effective and finer chop. The break bar is very effective if cutting in heavy rushes.
Optional Rear Roller
An optional Rear Roller is fitted behind the machine and acts to roll out what has been cut to leave a clean finish.
The double axle 4 wheeled pivot bogie system is useful in particularly damp areas to minimise damage to the ground, which is key in conservation and restoration situations. Heavy machinery can often do more harm than good in wetland areas and and therefore a quad or UTV teamed with the Power Shredder that can do the job more effectively whilst also having less of an impact on the ground.
The double bogie wheels allow for a smoother travel on rough ground which gives a more efficient cut.
Electric start machines will require a power source. As standard they come equipped with a 1m cable with Anderson connector to connect to your towing vehicle battery, other options include:
- 2m battery cable with Anderson connector (Typically suits most ATVs where the battery is located at the front)
- 3m battery cable with Anderson connector (Typically suits most UTVs)
- 4m battery cable with Anderson connector (Typically suits most 4x4s)
- Self starting power pack – if you do not intend to use the battery of your towing vehicle to start the electric start engine.